With so much content published on the internet by producers and consumers, Online Marketers now have the very important task of social listening. What are people saying about your brand? What are people saying about your industry? What are people saying about your competition? Using social listening tools to monitor your online reputation is set to become the most invaluable resource any company can have. Amay, I hear you say! With the number of different platforms and social accounts 1 business has, it can seem overwhelming to have to monitor those accounts and terms?
In 2015, "Social media listening will be just as important for brands on social media as it is responding to direct customer service inquiries. More importantly through Twitter, brands will have to set up tools that will directly monitor keywords relevant to your brand name where users haven’t directly mentioned you via ‘@’." says, Chris Kyriacou.
Here is a list of 12 social media monitoring tools. Some are free, and some are not. Read through the list, try them out, and then decide, which is most suitable for you.
1. Social Mention Social Mention offer a real-time social media search and analysis. When you enter a search terms, it scans for mentions on blogs, bookmarks, social networking sites, news, video, etc.... Social Mention rates the mentions by Strength, Sentiment, Passion, and Reach.
2. Google Alerts Create an alert for any term/s that you want to be notified of, when new information related to this topic is published.
3. SocialRest Use your audience's social data and start sending better email. Segment Like Never Before. Segment based on what your audience shares. Segment based on who your audience is. Segment based on how they convert.
4. Topsy No registration is required. Topsy is quite similar to Social Mention. It's main function is that it allows you to search and analyze the social web. It's main focus is on social media, especially multimedia and blogs.
5. Tweetreach Monitor Tweets about your brand in real time as the conversation unfolds. Get comprehensive Twitter analytics on the reach of your message, the performance of your content and the engagement of your contributors. It is a good way of finding out who are your most influential followers, implicitly guiding you towards the right people you should be targeting when aiming to share and promote online content.
6. Sysomos Sysomos uses content of social media sites including blogs, forums and Twitter to create a real-time picture on how products, people, and brands are covered in those media sites. Sysomos helps you monitor, analyze, gather insights and ultimately, make the decisions that allow you to create better products and services for your customers. It’s social media analytics, amplified...and simplified.
7. Icerocket Icerocket is specialized in searching blogs. Their "big buzz" option also captures activity on Facebook, Twitter, and image sites such as Flickr too. It's free, easy to use, and does not require registration of an account.
8. DataSift Datasift gathers, filters and extracts meaning from social data and other enterprise data sources, analyzes it by gathering market insight, understanding customers, results measured, optimizing campaigns and more. With DataSift, you can deliver Human Data into business intelligence (BI) tools and business processes in real-time.
9. Hootsuite / TweetDeck Hootsuite and TweetDeck offer tools to consolidate and manage your social media accounts. You can add search columns that scan #hastags of your choice on Twitter in real time.
10. Simply Measured Simply Measured is the most complete social analytics solution, empowering marketers with unmatched access to their social data to more clearly define their social strategy and to optimize their tactics for maximum impact. It gives you in-depth measurement across your owned, earned & paid social media. Stunning charts look exactly the same in Excel, PowerPoint or your web browser.
11. Meltwater Gain new insights about your company, customers and competitors by tapping into more than 300 million social media conversations with the Meltwater Buzz social media monitoring tool.
12. Trackur Full monitoring of all social media and mainstream news, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and millions more! Executive insights including trends, keyword discovery, automated sentiment analysis & influence scoring. Fully white label your dashboard with your URL, your logo, and your color scheme with their Ultimate plan.
I would love to hear about your experience with tools to monitor your social media presence. And if there are any other tools that should be on this list. Leave a comment below.