How To Generate More Leads For Your Business Part 1

How To Generate More Leads For Your Business Part 1

Blog

How To Generate More Leads For Your Business Part 1

By Ismail Aly

Topics: Generación de demanda

Reading Time: 4 minutes

Mon, Jan 26, 2015

generate more leads online

So you have printed flyers and distributed them, you have bought an email database with 1000’s of email addresses and have blasted a promotional email. You are constantly firing promotional posts on social media networks, but you are still not generating enough leads for your business to reach your preset goals. So what is going on? How can you turn the table around and start generating leads and convert these leads to customers and promoters? How to get leads? How to generate leads? How to generate more leads from your website? All these how to's.....

1. Properly define your Buyer Personas (target audience).

A website is a sales and marketing tool. In order for your website to be an effective sales and marketing tool, you have to know who you’re speaking to, so that you speak the same language, and convey the benefits that matter most to your target audience. By channeling the buyer’s authentic voice - clearly, accurately and persuasively - the buyer persona give marketing the confidence to say “This is what really matters to our buyers. So here’s the plan...”

2. Write informative and educational eBooks

57% of a prospect’s buying decision is complete before that prospect’s first contact with the supplier. (Source: Conference Executive Board: Marketing Leadership Council Research, Sales Leadership Council Research). With this shocking stat in mind, you have to take the decision whether you want to be part of the conversation with your prospects, educate them with valuable content about your industry, or share your expertise with them. If the answer is yes then eBooks work great, as people love to read and gain expertise to identify the problems or the symptoms they are facing, and use this knowledge in the second stage of their buyer journey which is the consideration stage.

Make sure you don’t promote your services or products. Remember that  your eBooks are targeting your buyer personas when they are at the awareness stage. They don’t want to be sold anything, they want to be informed. So write it from a neutral perspective and give actionable insights. Share the eBook socially and ask your network to share it for you. You’ll want to ensure that you have a landing page set up that requires visitors to input their name, email and phone number for a chance to download the eBook. Once you have captured your visitors data via the landing page form here is a lead for you. Below is one of our favoourite eBooks. It is about Metrics that Matter. Feel free to download it.

Marketing Metrics That Matter To Your Boss or Partners

3. Create a Blog and constantly update it

57% of marketers acquired customers from blogging. Having a blog is one of the best lead generating tools you can use, as it not only allows your brand to start a conversation with your website visitors, but it is also an opportunity to have the undivided attention of the reader. Make sure that your blog is optimized to generate leads by adding a lead-generating call-to-action to every blog post. Often, these calls-to-action are things like free ebooks, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free webinars, free trials, etc.

Apply the 80-20 rule for your blog post content, that is only 20% of the content should be for sales purposes, self-promotion, lead generation and advertisement. The remaining 80% should be educational.

Then apply the 80-20 rule for distributing the blog content you just created, that is to spend 20% of your time creating great content, and the other 80% distributing it. Otherwise the content won’t be found.

4. Newsletter

According to Jay Baer at Convince & Convert, 44 percent of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. By aggregating and summarizing information, e-newsletters save consumers time and tell them what they need to know without forcing them to endure long reads.

Do you have a newsletter yet? If not, you’re missing out on one of the simplest way to generate more leads. Make sure you put a newsletter sign up in every possible place that makes sense on your website.

With this newsletter, not only do you have a captive audience (people have to opt-in to your newsletter), but also email pathways are a great way to avoid getting lost in all the Internet noise. Again, don’t make it all about you. Instead, share with your contacts your insights, industry news and trends, case studies, etc.

Email Newsletters are a great place to add your lead generating calls-to-action. 

5. Develop an engaging video

Spend some time on developing a great idea for a video that promotes your business and engages your customers. Use a short social video. Videos are quick, they’re visual, they’re personal, they work like gangbusters across multiple platforms and they’re very share-worthy!

YouTube allow you to put links directly into the video. Use these to link back to specific landing pages on your website to capture visitors data and convert them to leads.

Here is an example of one of my favorites, What's really great about this campaign is that before things get out of hand, HubSpot spends a bit of time actually showcasing real solutions.

 

 6. Infographic

90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco). Infographics let you turn complex concepts, boring information, and eye-glaze-worthy data into visually enticing graphics that catch people's attention. 

Infographics are affordable to produce, are great for lead generation and back link creation by submitting your infographics to publications that cover your industry.

I hope you find this information useful. Look out for your Part 2 coming later this week.

For more information about Inbound Marketing or Email Marketing, please feel free to download our ebook with more information. 

 Download your Free Beginners Guide To Inbound Marketing

 

 

Ismail Aly
Ismail Aly

Inbound Marketing & Sales Enablement Consultant, HubSpot User Group Leader, HubSpot Platinum Partner

Follow on:      

Leave your comments here!