In the digital and connected world we live in today, traditional marketing tactics like TV advertising, direct mail, etc. have proved to be ineffective, and there is a shift in buyer's behavior.
Here are some statistics that indicate the shift in buyer’s behavior:
- 44% of direct mail is never opened. That's a waste of time, postage and paper.
- 86% of people skip through television commercials.
- 84% of 25 to 34 year olds have clicked out of a website because of an "irrelevant or intrusive ad.
So what is Inbound Marketing? It is a methodology in which you create remarkable, educational, and personalized content, that is of great interest to the buyer persona of your products or services. When combined with SEO best practices and Social Media Marketing your content will become a magnet attracting visitors to your website. When combined with the right call to actions and landing pages these visitors will convert from strangers on your website into leads.
Once you have leads, your marketing automation strategy kicks in to nurture these leads, and move them further into your purchasing funnel to close them into customers. Then, also with marketing automation tools, you delight your customers to turn them into promoters of your business.
When these tactics are combined with closed loop reporting, you have the analytics and reports to figure out what worked and what needs to be improved so you refine your marketing practice for continuous improvement.
Why You Should Invest in it? Here are the top reasons why you should be investing in Inbound, along with the most compelling statistics to support it.
- Inbound costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing (Source: Mashable). It’s no surprise that 32% of brands are decreasing spending on outbound marketing to spend more on content marketing (Source: Inbound Marketing Agents)
- According to HubSpot, companies that invested in Inbound generated 54% more leads into their marketing funnel over traditional outbound marketing activities.
- In addition to generating on average of 54% more leads, the cost per lead generated from inbound marketing activities is far less expensive. For the typical B2B company inbound generated leads cost 61% less than outbound generated leads.
- According to research by HubSpot, the average company that blogs generates 55% more website visitors, 126% more leads, 97% more inbound links, and has 434% more indexed pages.
- Social media produces two times the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC - and social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than average conversion rates.
Of course, the best social media channel for your business depends on the industry you are in, and the audience you are trying to reach. In a broad survey of companies using social media, HubSpot found that Facebook was the top channel for generating leads.
I hope you find this information useful and informative. If you would like to know more about Inbound Marketing, please feel free to download the free Beginners Guide to Inbound Marketing ebook, by clicking on the link below.